CUDAHY, WI —Vegan bakery East Side Ovens is celebrating Pi Day by branching out of its normal Sunday-only hours and opening its doors today to offer customers a variety of savory, sweet pudding and fruit pies, both big and small.
Pi Day is celebrated annually on March 14. It recognizes the mathematical sign pi. Why March 14? Because the date — 3.14 — represents the first three digits of pi.
There are three different, 6-inch savory pie options:
- Veggie Potato
- Chorizo, Potato and Roasted Veggie
- Veggie and Potato Curry
Customers craving something sweet can choose from 3-inch pudding pies:
- S’mores: a graham crust, vanilla pudding, chocolate drizzle and marshmallows
- Banana Cookie Butter: Biscoff crust, banana pudding and a cookie butter drizzle
- Lemon: shortbread crust lemon pudding and a lemon zest
- Chocolate Coconut: shortbread crust, chocolate pudding and toasted coconut
EOS also bakes fruit pies, available in 3-, 6- and 9-inch sizes in the following flavors:
- Three Berry
- Raspberry Rhubarb