Launching in 2021, the grant program was created to support non-profit organizations to provide access to education, mentorship and opportunities to children in need.
“The 2023 grant award recipients are doing incredible work to help create a world in which young people can unlock their full potential, and we are proud to be a small part in helping them achieve their missions,” said Debbie Roberts, CEO of Panera Bread and president of the Panera Bread Foundation board of directors. “We’re also grateful for the generosity of our guests who rounded up their checks through our Give Change for Children program — because of them, we were able to more than triple the total grant amount this year.”
The Give Change for Children round-up program began in March 2022 and has raised over $1 million within the past year to support its mission. Panera Bread customers are able to round-up on their order total to help invest in underserved and at-risk children and youth, at participating bakery-cafes.
The full list of recipients of the Panera Bread Foundation’s 2023 Grant Award is as follows:
- Achieve Miami Inc.
- An Achievable Dream
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Palm Beach and Martin Counties, Inc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Louisiana
- Bottom Line
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Houston
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota and DeSoto Counties
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Coastal Plain
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Chattanooga
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of St. Louis
- Breakthrough Cincinnati Inc.
- College AIM, Inc.
- College Possible
- College Visions
- Foundation for a College Education
- Geeking Out Kids of Color
- Girls Inc. of Alameda County
- Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest
- Institute for Community Leadership
- Life Pieces to Masterpieces
- Minds Matter Colorado
- Oasis — A Haven for Women and Children
- Quad County Urban League, Inc.
- Road to Hire
- STEER for Student Athletes
- Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County
- Tulsa Girls Art School