COLUMBUS, OH — The Bread Bakers Guild of America, in coordination with Sarah Black of Sarah’s Breads and The Mix at Columbus State Community College (CSCC), will participate in a day-long event celebrating Ohio milling, grain farming and baking.
From Cover Crop to Table Top: The Ohio Local Grain Economy is an all-day forum held at the Mitchell Hall Culinary Theatre at CSCC on Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST. Throughout the day, attendees will meet farmers, millers and bakers committed to regenerative agriculture and bread products made with heirloom and heritage grains.
There will be a panel discussion and baking demonstrations. Participants in the event include:
- Michelle Ajamian | Shagbark Seed and Mill
- Bruce Asbury | Crust X Crumb
- Sarah Black |Sarah’s Breads
- Joe Bozzi | Local Millers
- Karen Bornarth | Bread Bakers Guild of America
- Jay Brandt | Brandt Farms
- Jon Branstrator | Branstrator Farm
- Anson Clement
- Andrew Fisher | Good Hands Bread Co.
- Spencer Saylor | Metro Cuisine | The Wizard of Za
- Matt Swint | Matija Breads
- Dario Torres | Culinary Vegetable Institute
Registration is $70 per person and includes a light breakfast and lunch. Visit the BBGA website for more information.